Green diarrhea in children: causes, help, treatment
Green diarrhea in a child are highly disturbed parents. Not all adults know exactly what can be caused this condition, and what assistance can be given to the baby. Typically, this diarrhea is accompanied by other symptoms, allowing the doctor to diagnose and prescribe the correct treatment. Most often, the disease is provoked by bacteria and viruses. To determine the exact causes, it is desirable to pass a series of tests to identify the causative agent. To prevent deterioration, the child should be urgently taken to a doctor.
Causes of green diarrhea in a child can be different diseases, mostly of infectious nature. These include:
- dysbiosis, which arose due to an unbalanced diet or prolonged administration of antibacterial drugs;
- acute intestinal infection;
- chronic and acute liver disease;
- intestinal bleeding of any etiology.
Green diarrhea in a child is common in newborns in the first days of life. Are feces greenish hue, the baby no danger, for 2-3 days in newborn infants out of the original feces, or as it is called, meconium.
When there is diarrhea green the child is older, then the reason most likely lies in infectious diseases. While a child is sick, he has fever and bad pains in my stomach. Such symptoms of General intoxication, which is caused by protozoa, bacteria, fungi and viruses.
Retching and green chair with a small child can appear in acute and chronic liver diseases. When this condition is added pain under the right rib.
Green diarrhea, the child develops and with dysbiosis. In the stool visible mucus and blood blotches. Very often severe diarrhea goes into persistent constipation.
If green diarrhea in child, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and fever, you should call the doctor or take the child to the nearest medical facility. Special attention should be given to children under 1 year, as they have quickly become dehydrated, which leads to serious consequences.
The danger of dehydration in a child
In any diarrhea, the child loses a lot of fluids, and if this condition is accompanied by high fever and vomiting, the danger of dehydration increases significantly. To determine that the baby suffers from a loss of liquid, it is possible by such characteristic features:
- marked weakness and abnormal drowsiness;
- a decrease in urine output and characteristic dark color;
- dryness of mucous membranes and skin, shrivelled lips;
- well-defined circles around the eyes;
- the hollowness of the Fontanelle in infants.
If green diarrhea and fever in a child continued for more than three hours, it's a reason to call an ambulance. Parents alone can not determine the cause of the disease, and especially to appoint adequate treatment.
The risks posed by green diarrhea in baby
Diarrhea is greenish in color, and fever may lead to such unpleasant and sometimes dangerous conditions:
- dehydration – and the younger the baby and less weight, the more it is subject to such condition;
- imbalance of electrolytes in the body due to diarrhea and vomiting is a loss of mineral salts and vitamins, so frequent cramps;
- exhaustion – prolonged vomiting and diarrhea violate the General condition of the baby, he is completely absent appetite;
- the cracks and rectal prolapse. The child often goes to the toilet, but sometimes, the urges turn out to be false, due to the strong surge arise such diseases.
Diarrhea abnormal dark-green color can not be ignored. Disruption of water, salt and electrolyte balance causing crashes in all important organs and systems. To eliminate the pathological state used the drug regidron, which contains all the necessary substances.
Some children do not tolerate regidron. The unpleasant taste of the drug can trigger a new attack of vomiting and deteriorating General condition. If the child refuses to drink such a solution is not worth it to get. The baby in this case otpaivat broth with rice and raisins, which also in part has everything you need. In addition, it is allowed to give a drink of lemon and honey. All drink give small portions, but very often.
To diagnose and treat the child should be exclusively a children's doctor, after careful examination and survey of parents. But until the doctor arrives, the adults should help the child to condition is not worsened even more:
- If green diarrhea, fever and vomiting decreases the volume of circulating fluid in the body, so a priority for adults should be a falling baby. You can use ordinary drinking water without gas, fruit drinks and teas with dried fruits or rose hips. Drink give fractional 20-30 ml at a time, every 20 minutes. The amount of drinking adjusted according to age.
- If the green diarrhea caused by intestinal infections, it shows the reception of adsorbents, which like a magnet attracted all pathogenicmicroorganisms and their decay products. Infants absorbent medicines are diluted in a small volume of clean water and give from a bottle.
- When the temperature to 38 degrees – it down is not recommended, the body itself is struggling with toxins and harmful microflora. If the temperature exceeded 38.5 C – can I give paracetamol or ibuprofen in age dosages.
Diarrhea and vomiting in children that are accompanied by high fever, antipyretics should be only in pill or stabbing. Syrups and effervescent tablets have flavorings and preservatives that are not very good for damaged stomach.
Quite often there are cases when a small child put antipyretic rectal suppository, and he a few minutes later comes out naturally. In this case medication to reduce fever give oral, following the instructions for use.
What not to do until a doctor arrives
Green diarrhea in adults and children, which is accompanied by high fever, evidence of impaired function of the intestine, liver or stomach. So as not to harm the patient, it is not necessary to take the following steps:
- When abdominal pain is not to give pain medications that can greatly mitigate the symptoms and slow down the correct diagnosis. Antipyretic medications can be given only at very high temperatures.
- Not to give the baby antibiotics of all groups, especially tetracycline, often used by adults with diarrhea. For young children these drugs are very toxic and can lead not only to deterioration of General condition, but also to hearing and vision.
- Not treat the baby with medications that are provided for adults and adolescents. Even in small doses, these medications the desired effect will not give, but poisoning can occur.
- Not to force the child to eat if he has no appetite. Even favorite and delicious meals can cause repeated vomiting.
- Do not limit fluid intake, fearing that it could trigger bouts of diarrhea and vomiting. Drinking not only prevents dehydration, but also promotes rapid removal of toxins from the body;
- Not give a variety of vegetables and fruits, which in the stomach will cause stagnation and fermentation;
- Not laying on your stomach cold or hot water bottle.
Upon arrival the doctor tell him about all the drugs that were given to the child, including adsorbents. Specialist informed of the complaints of the baby and how long the disease lasts.
In some cases, you need to quickly call an ambulance
When the stools of the child are not brownish in colour and pronounced green, you should not immediately panic. In many cases, this condition can be very quickly calmed. However, if the condition of the baby deteriorates considerably, and the interval between desires on the bottom is small, then you need to call the hospital. Especially not worth it to waste time, if such atypical diarrhea occurs in a child who has not reached 3 years.
The doctor on call will be required if the baby hurts the stomach, there is vomiting and high temperature. It may well be that starts as acute appendicitis, which requires surgery.
When in the stool there are specks of fresh blood, it shows the damage to the walls of the stomach or bowel, and internal bleeding. When such symptoms the child's condition is deteriorating rapidly.
In rare cases, there are congenital disease of newborns, characterized by the improper structure of the intestine. Thus meconium may be a long time to move away or to move in small portions. To rule out dangerous pathology, it is necessary to consult a surgeon.
It so happens that the child's condition is normal, but green diarrhea does not stop, it means dysbiosis. The disease is treated at home, this pediatrician will prescribe a number of drugs that help restore normal intestinal flora – hilak Forte, Linex.
If the problem is caused by an intestinal infection, then prescribe a comprehensive treatment. Shown intravenous infusion of saline and glucose, antibacterial drugs, and in some cases antibiotics. Before treatment the child take a series of tests to determine the type of pathogen.
When the green diarrhea is a result of problems with the liver are medicines to restore normal functioning of the body. Can be assigned to therapy aimed at the rapid elimination of toxins and reducing the level of toxic bilirubin.
Treatment of young children under the age of years, often carried out in the ICU where the child is under the supervision of physicians.
How to prevent diarrhea
Any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. To prevent green diarrhea, vomiting, and temperature is necessary to observe some simple rules:
- A nursing woman should strictly follow the diet and not to drink without a doctor's prescription medicines.
- A newborn who is on artificial feeding and often suffering from diarrhea, should be examined by a pediatrician for appropriate purposemixture.
- The lure is administered with great caution, because green diarrhea may indicate individual intolerance of a particular product.
- The diet of preschool children should be well balanced. Not contain too many fats and carbohydrates.
- It is forbidden to lick a pacifier or a baby's spoon, in the saliva of adults are the causative agents of intestinal infection.
If a baby has diarrhea is observed greenish in color, it is necessary to determine the pathology, and then proceed to the treatment. It is advisable to immediately call a doctor, to avoid complications. To diarrhea do not occur, special attention is paid to preventive measures.