Nutrition and diet at a poisoning the child: what to feed
Children are more susceptible to poisoning. Proper diet for food poisoning need the child's body to restore energy resources, improve the digestive system and pancreas. This article describes the rules of the diet at a poisoning the child, permitted and prohibited meals, eating schedule.
Peculiarities of children's organism
Infant feeding should be treated with seriousness. The following are the main features of the child's body that should be considered when compiling a menu after the poisoning.
- The child's body is growing and developing, need good daily intake of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Starve the child for poisoning is not worth it.
- Digestive system in young children is not fully formed. Diet food for faster absorption, it is desirable to shred or grind.
- At preschool age kids teeth start falling out. When feeding a child think about him of proper chewing of food. Swallowed larger pieces of food will irritate inflamed after poisoning the gastric mucosa.
Remember that the dietary food in case of poisoning should be administered and details to sign the attending pediatrician. It should consider the specific needs of the body associated with chronic diseases.
What are the basic rules diet food for kids
What to feed a child after vomiting? Diet after food poisoning is a required component of treatment. In its absence any child's treatment will be in vain. Below are the main rules and recommendations on nutrition of the child after the poisoning.
- Follow the diet. You need to eat small frequent meals. Baby nutritionists recommend eating every 2-3 hours a little. The size of a single serving of baby should not exceed the size of his palm. This diet helps to improve intestinal motility, regulation of the pancreas and liver.
- Cook meals to a child in the oven, steamer or boil. These methods of cooking help to preserve nutrients in food. Food cooked these dietary ways, doesn't overload the digestive system and is easily digested.
- Provide the kid a separate power supply. We should not mix protein and carbohydrate food. For example, chicken, and porridge it is better to eat separately from each other. Separation of power ensures easy digestion.
- The temperature of the food and drinks should be room. Hot and cold irritates the mucous membrane of the esophagus and the stomach, slows down the recovery.
Remember that food poisoning children are strictly forbidden to give fried, smoked, spicy and fatty foods.
Features drinking regime
Drinking regime is an integral part of the diet for poisoning. The child's body loses large amounts of fluid with vomiting and diarrhoea. To compensate for these losses by using copious drinking. It is best to drink little and often. Optimally to drink 1 tablespoon of liquid every 10 minutes.
Please note that in severe poisoning, with severe intoxication, dehydration, the child is treated in a hospital. The required amount of fluid injected him intravenously.
Drinks are permitted in cases of poisoning in children:
- sparkling mineral water with an alkaline pH, for example, "Borjomi";
- weak sweetened black tea;
- compote of dried fruits;
- a canteen of water.
If poisoning is forbidden to drink fresh or store-bought juice, strong tea, acidic or carbonated drinks.
What can I eat on the first day of poisoning
Agree new who guidelines, start to feed the child need on the first day of food poisoning. Previously, it was considered necessary to starve the first few days.
Diet after poisoning in children in the first day of the illness and strict. A list of products that can give your child during this period, limited. It includes the following dishes:
- boiled rice or oatmeal mucous consistency.
- app cookies without any flavor additives;
- poduchenny white bread.
Permitted foods the following days
How to feed your child after the poisoning? Diet should be followed for at least a week after the development of foodborne diseases.
Below lists what you can eat after the first day of poisoning:
- low-fat chicken broth, cooked without spices from the loin. It can be eaten with dried white bread;
- boiled lean chicken meat or Turkey. For an easier assimilation of the meat to twist or whip in a blender;
- vegetable soup with potatoes, carrots and zucchini;
- rice and oatmeal porridge, boiled in water;
- bananas are the only fruit that can be eaten fresh or in cases of poisoning;
- baked in the oven or microwave apples;
- low-fat cottage cheese, kefir, you can start with is 4-5 days;
- lean sea fish (steamed or baked);
- boiled eggs or scrambled eggs steam cooked in milk;
- boiled potatoes, carrots, zucchini and pumpkin.
Listforbidden foods after food poisoning in children is very wide. It consists of food which affects the digestive system and metabolic processes in the body of a baby.
For poisoning children is strictly forbidden the following foods:
- fatty meats and fish;
- hard cheese;
- sausages, frankfurters, wieners, bacon and lard;
- organ meats (liver, kidneys, stomach, tongue, brain, lungs);
- store semi-finished products;
- pastry pastry, cakes, marmalade;
- all the products are fried or smoked;
- fresh berries, fruits and vegetables (except bananas);
- cocoa, coffee;
- pickled and canned foods;
- ketchup, sour cream, mayonnaise, hot spices;
- various candy, marshmallow;
- sweet drinks;
How to buy and choose products
With the development of food poisoning the child need to pay special attention to the purchase of food. Below we have compiled for you the recommendations that will help in purchasing safe and healthy for the baby food.
- Buy products only at certified locations. Avoid spontaneous markets and stalls. It is best to take them in large supermarkets or on the official markets.
- Feel free to ask for invoices and the results of inspections of the products. These documents are the sellers must present buyers.
- Check the shelf life of products. Expired products can lead to repeated poisoning. Please note that you need to look at the original date of manufacture. In stores sometimes stick with a newer date.
- Pay attention to the appearance of the product. For example, bananas with a damaged rind can be dangerous.
- Sniff the meat when purchasing. Fresh, untreated with chemicals, the meat does not smell. But the meat part is not fresh in stores are treated with formaldehyde or chlorine. Children's weakened body may adversely react to such processed chemicals, stale meat, and can re-poison.
- Do not purchase frozen foods (meat, fish, vegetables). You can't know how many times they thawed and re-frozen. Such foods may be hazardous to health.
- Don't buy ready meals to a child in the shops or restaurants. You can be confident in the quality and safety of food only in the case of independent products selection and preparation.
Example menu for a child after the poisoning
The table below shows an example of a menu for the day for the child after a food poisoning.
Between these meals you can have a little snack. The child should not feel hunger or overeating. You can navigate this menu in the preparation of diet for your child.
Especially cooking chicken broth
Feed your child chicken broth on the second day after the poisoning. This dish helps to balance the loss of protein, regain strength and start motility of the digestive system. Nutritionists believe chicken soup is an integral part of food with food poisoning.
Brewed a soup of loin chicken. Such meat is the most dietary and lean. Eat broth and chicken meat, it should be separated.
Diet – a mandatory component in the treatment of poisoning in children. It is assigned by the attending pediatrician. Adhere to a diet should be for 1-2 weeks. All products should be easily digestible, cooked in a double boiler, oven or boiled. To eat the child need often in small portions. On the first day of the disease only app cookies, dried white bread and rice porridge, mucous consistency. In the days following the diet expands.