How to give activated charcoal in newborns and infants
Activated carbon is the most inexpensive adsorbent, which virtually has no side effects and contraindications. Due to this, it can designate people of all ages as a first aid in case of poisoning and in the complex treatment of some diseases. Doctors often prescribe activated charcoal newborn children who have had congenital jaundice. This drug neutralizes a dangerous bilirubin and promotes faster recovery.
Coal tablets in the treatment of newborns
The drug belongs to the available adsorbents, and it absorbs the toxic substances that entered the body or separated during the digestion of food. Activated charcoal babies prescribe a number of diseases. This medication is considered safe, as it rarely gives side effects. Thanks to the black powder from the body quickly removed all harmful substances, due to which strengthens the immune system.
The pharmaceutical industry produces activated carbon in four dosage forms – tablets, capsules, powder and black pasta. Doctor usually selects the form of the drug based on the age of the child patient. Babies most often prescribed powder, which is pre-diluted with water.
If the coal powder in the pharmacy no, it does not matter. It is quite possible to cook by yourself. To do this, the blister with the tablets carried out with a rolling pin and a cure for children up to 2 years ready. It is diluted in a small volume of water to a state of suspension, and then give a small child.
This adsorbent to treat diarrhea, which is caused by infections of the intestine and a poisoning. The substance consists of many pores, which attract toxins, like a sponge, and do not let them be absorbed into the bloodstream.
You need to remember that activated carbon is not able to help in case of poisoning by concentrated acid or alkali.
Activated carbon quickly eliminates cutting pain in the tummy and bloating and in a matter of minutes reduces colic in infants. When dysbacteriosis this sorbent doctors try not to prescribe to children, as it is not characterized by selective activity and removes from the body both beneficial and harmful substances. In this case, it is advisable to appoint enterosgel and probiotics.
Activated carbon shows newborn babies and infants in such cases:
- With food poisoning, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, fever and loose stools.
- From the long zheltushki in newborns.
- At constant cramps in the tummy that is accompanied by sleep disturbance and General well-being.
- Diarrhea and increased intestinal gas.
- For dermatitis.
In addition, the drug is prescribed for infants with digestive disorders that are triggered by improper nutrition of breastfeeding mothers. Before taking this adsorbent is necessary to consult the pediatricianwho is watching the baby.
Make coal drugs for a long time, as they excrete vitamins and minerals.
How to take the coal
To the adsorbent was the most effective, you must correctly calculate the dose and to select the dosage form. Activated carbon when the alfalfa butterfly newborns are usually given several times a day, the treatment lasts up to 5 days.
When determining the maximum daily dose the doctor must take into account the weight of the baby.
- In the weight up to 3 kg black give ¼ tablet 3 times per day.
- With a weight of 3-5 kg are shown 1/3 of a pill 3 times a day.
- Weighing 5 to 7 kg, give ½ tablet up to 3 times per day.
- If the weight is between 7 to 10 kg, then give the whole tablet up to 3 times a day.
Activated charcoal for colic give child 3-4 days, with allergic dermatitis, the treatment lasts for 5 days. Adsorbent give the child a half hour before the meal or after the same time period after eating. Do not take the coal in conjunction with other medications, as it lowers their efficiency.
It is advisable to drink coal preparations on an empty stomach. In this case, the sorbent will not affect the nutrients and vitamins from food.
How to give your newborn the adsorbent
Treatment of young children activated carbon has its own peculiarities. First and foremost it is very important to prepare and give your child medication:
- If the finished coal powder not, well crushed tablets. In the resulting mass should not be large granules, as baby may choke on.
- The resulting powder is diluted with a small amount of boiled water to the consistency of sour cream.
- The infants received a mixture of give of a tea spoon or using a disposable syringe, which removed the needle.
- Baby necessarily need to give to drink the adsorbent 50 ml of water, so the medicine quickly gets into the stomach.
- The daily dose divided into 2-3 doses and give at equal intervals of time.
The duration of therapy determined by the attending physician, but usually the treatment is from 2 to 5 days. Longer treatment is undesirable since it can lead to beriberi havebaby.
If the baby has a tendency to constipation, it is better to give preference to another adsorbent.
Activated charcoal can help in a number of diseases of allergic nature. This sorbent is successfully treat such conditions:
- atopic dermatitis;
- bronchial asthma triggered by allergens;
- allergic rhinitis;
- conjunctivitis of allergic origin.
In addition, the sorbent used in the recovery period after the treatment of allergies of different origin.
Most active coal with allergic reactions to certain foods. In this case, the intestine is unable to completely withdraw all the decay products from the body, they accumulate, which is manifested by skin rash.
Activated charcoal is a universal adsorbent, which is in almost every home medicine Cabinet. This drug has almost no contraindications and side effects so it is allowed even a newborn.